Maggie's

See what's happening in the Community

You are not logged in.   Log In

Meet the team

As well as sharing experiences with our friendly online community, registered members are able to contact our experienced online team. The Centre is staffed during office hours and the online team aim to reply within 24 hours.

Psychologists and experts from other Maggie's Centres and partner organisations also facilitate some group and individual sessions.

Picture of Healthy eating and cancer

Topic

Healthy eating and cancer

Read informative blogs from our nutritional advisor Caroline, post queries, share experiences around nutrition in the conversations, message Caroline privately or book a live chat session.

• 295 conversations

Viewing 1-30 of 287 Conversations

• Picture of CarolineH

Hello, I was reading the Cancernet UK website and a recent blog about a new product called Poly balm. I thought that some of you may be interested ...

2 Comments
  • Picture of CarolineH

I have taken this months recipe from the book The 8 week Blood Sugar Diet Recipe Book by Dr. C Bailey. A book that I use a lot for ideas particular...

• Picture of SusieQ

Hello everyone, CarolineH (our online nutritional advisor) and myself will be meeting up for our last Food for Thought session for this year. We'v...

• Picture of CarolineH

Eating berry fruits with nuts, particularly almonds and walnuts has been shown to improve their anthocyanin content by as much as 1,500 per cent. N...

• Picture of CarolineH

Hello everyone, this month I thought that I would focus some attention to berry fruits. Wimbledon is now in its second week so it is very topical w...

• Picture of CarolineH

Good morning everyone, A reminder that we have our Food For Tought this Wednesday at 12.30. The topic this month will be looking at dealing with ch...

• Picture of CarolineH

Hello everyone, Today is particularly warm and hopefully it is the start of things to come. I do know that many people find it difficult to know wh...

• Picture of CarolineH

Hello. This month I want to share a recipe with you that I have taken from Mediterranean Paleo Diet cook book. It is a very light supper dish, extr...

• Picture of CarolineH

Hello everyone, A reminder that we have our Food for Thought next Wednesday 31st of May at 12.30. This month we are going to look at understandiong...

1 Comment
  • Picture of CarolineH

Hello everyone, it is worth remembering that if you put your mushrooms on the window sill in the sun they will react to the UV light making them a ...

• Picture of CarolineH

It is called' porridge with a fork', I came accross it the other day. If you are moving away from porridge because of the change in weather then th...

• Hello, Maybe silly question but important to me. My fiance has AML which is acute leukaemia. He went through two induction chemotherapies. All wen...

1 Comment
  • Picture of CarolineH

Did you know that Brussels sprouts have 5 times the potential cancer fighting glucosonilates than cauliflower. Glucosonilates are responsible for ...

• Picture of CarolineH

Yes May the 5th. Maggies Kitchen Table get together. A chance to get together chat with friends enjoy a tea or coffee and a slice of cake. I though...

• Picture of CarolineH

A new book available from yesterday May 1st called The Hungry Brain by Stephen Guyenet Ph.D. It is an interesting book and would be possibly benef...

• Picture of SusieQ

Hello everyone, Tomorrow (Wednesday) Caroline and I will be discussing the neutropenic diet, in our monthly 'Food for Thought' session. (A neutrop...

• Picture of CarolineH

Good morning everyone, I wanted to draw your attention to a New book that has only been available from this week. It is called How to Eat Bet...

1 Comment
  • Picture of CarolineH

Hello everyone, Easter is suddenly upon us and so I thought that you might like to try some of the special recipes below. They are real treats and ...

• Picture of CarolineH

I was reading an article by James Wong the Botanist who has appeared many times on the TV. The article was about chocolate which I thought was very...

• Picture of CarolineH

This month I am giving you the recipe for a Vegetable Tagine which links in with this months blog on 8-10 vegetables and fruits and how to include ...

• Picture of SusieQ

Hi everyone, Sleep, or the lack of it, is something that crops up in conversations with our online members. Tomorrow, in 'Food for Thought' we are...

• Picture of CarolineH

Good morning everyone, I wanted to remind you about the Food For Thought meeting this month. We are going to look at how nutrition can affect sleep...

• Picture of CarolineH

Good morning, I wanted to remind you that we have another 'Food for Thought' meeting on Wednesday 22nd of Feb. at 12.30. This month we are going to...

1 Comment
  • Picture of CarolineH

Good morning, I wanted to remind you that we have our next Food for Thought on Wednesday 25th January at 12.30. This month SusieQ and I have decid...

3 Comments
  • Picture of SusieQ

Hi everyone, Next week on BBC1 there is a return of the popular series 'Food: Truth or Scare' . 'Gloria Hunniford and Chris Bavin present a serie...

• Picture of CarolineH

I saw this recipe in a recent food magazine and have already made it. It was very tasty and convenient as well as being nutritious (ofcourse!). So ...

• Picture of CarolineH

Hello, I wanted to report to those ladies who have breast cancer or who are in remission. I have had sent through an interesting reserch paper abou...

• Picture of SusieQ

Hello everyone, Today's Food for Thought session will be focused on Nutrition and prostate cancer. CarolineH (our nutritional advisor) and myself ...

• Picture of CarolineH

This month I want to share with you a soup that is thick luscious and of course nutritious. It is a little bit different and is a complete meal in ...

• Picture of CarolineH

This month I have taken a recipe from a comparatively new cookery book called. The Rainbow Diet Cook Book by Barbara Cox, which has been inspi...

Viewing 1-30 of 287 Conversations

Registered Office: Maggie's, The Stables, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road, Edinburgh EH4 2XU   Registered Charity Number: SC024414
The Maggie Keswick Jencks Cancer Caring Centres Trust is a company limited by guarantee   Company Number: SC162451