Maggie's

See what's happening in the Community

You are not logged in.   Log In

Meet the team

As well as sharing experiences with our friendly online community, registered members are able to contact our experienced online team. The Centre is staffed during office hours and the online team aim to reply within 24 hours.

Psychologists and experts from other Maggie's Centres and partner organisations also facilitate some group and individual sessions.

Picture of Topic Friends and family

Topic

Topic Friends and family

For anyone supporting someone else with cancer

• 156 conversations

Viewing 91-120 of 149 Conversations

• Friends

1 Comment
  • Firstly can I apologise for my poor grammar and punctuation. I am terrible at typing as if I am speaking. I am not sure if this is the right place...

3 Comments
  • Massive congratulations to a certain Maggie's member who got married today. Love and Best Wishes. Beverley xx

• Hi.  My wonderful partner and I split up when he was told his cancer is terminal (his decision NOT mine).  I'm trying and faili...

7 Comments
  • Hi I'm hoping this going to help me coz I feel so overwhelmed and I cant stop crying. My lovely dad has just been diagnosed with ephosagus cancer ...

5 Comments
  • Hi, I'm not really sure what to say but here goes....(appologies if this ends up as a novel!) In March this year my mum was diagnosed with Acute L...

5 Comments
  • Hi This is my first post. Where do I start? My family has had a tough 3 years. A couple of years ago, my husband was in a light aircraft crash - a...

4 Comments
  • Hi This is my first time at Maggie's online centre. At the moment I feel totally overwhelmed and just need to tell it to someone who might " get i...

2 Comments
  • Hi Like many on here I was recommended to join this community by my GP.  My mother has a very rare form of cancer called Pseudo Myxoma, whic...

1 Comment
  • A close friend who had breast cancer last year has completed her treatment but her hair is taking ages to grow back and is very patchy - she is tak...

1 Comment
  • This may seem mild in comparison to what you are all going through but I am finding it really tricky and don't know who to turn too who would under...

3 Comments
  • Hi everyone - I'm new on here but I think I'm in the right place to get some advice and support. I am a single mum with 3 children 13,11 and nearly...

2 Comments
  • My doctor suggested I try this out. My dad was diagnosed with bowel cancer in November and had an illeostomy at the beginning of Jan. he contracted...

1 Comment
  • Hi folks , Im like everyone here for the 1st time , LOST ,SHOCKED AND GUTTED my father in law has just been told 2 days ago he has stomach cancer...

1 Comment
  • Hi, As with many I'm new here so please bear with me.  My Sister has been diagnosed with secondary liver cancer, I don't know all the technic...

6 Comments
  • We just found out 2 weeks before Xmas that my dad has bowel cancer. We were in shock & my mum was in denial.  The waiting was the wor...

1 Comment
  • Hi My name is michelle ... im new to all this so just wanted to say hello and explain a bit about myself My mum got diagnosed with breast cancer ...

• My dad was recently diagnosed with cancer of the oesophagus at the age of 48. He has had a stent fitted so that he can eat and now he is on his sec...

2 Comments
  • Hi everyone, Completely new to the site, although I've had a brief experience of Maggie's through work and I really liked the way they work at the...

4 Comments
  • Hi, I've just found out that my dad has bowel cancer. Enduring the awful wait to find out exactly what stage its at, so I don't know what to feel ...

5 Comments
  • My colon cancer has now mastiscised into my liver. I'm still awaiting a final treatment programme but need to tell my family soon. I have one daugh...

• New to this community, I have had to get used to cancer very fast. Dad was diagnosed with renal cancer early this summer. The kidney was removed an...

2 Comments
  • hi new to this so dont really know what to do , but my partner found out he had a tumor in his right lung he got a biopsy and we went for the resu...

2 Comments
  • My husband was diagnosed with bowel cancer out of the blue this week. i can't stop crying but am trying to keep a lid on it for his sake. Any tips ...

6 Comments
  • Hi am Ella I just found out today that my mum has cancer, we talked for a little while about it . my sister and 18 year old niece also know as wel...

1 Comment
  • Hi everyone, I joined this evening as my wonderful Granda is in hospital receiving treatment for a tumour. Its an experimental procedure apparentl...

5 Comments
  • Hi,i am a first timer so not quite sure what to say.My sister and i had just got to grips with our mum having Alzheimers at the age of  66 and...

1 Comment
  • Hi, I suppose I'm here to ask for some help/advise on how I should be feeling/acting right now as I'm conflicted.. My Father has just been di...

3 Comments
  • Picture of Elizabeth

Hello, I'd be interested to hear how others are dealing with a parents cancer diagnosis.  I've really struggled with it all, coming to terms w...

14 Comments
  • Where is the nearest Maggie's Centre to Prestatyn in North Wales??

Viewing 91-120 of 149 Conversations

Registered Office: Maggie's, The Stables, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road, Edinburgh EH4 2XU   Registered Charity Number: SC024414
The Maggie Keswick Jencks Cancer Caring Centres Trust is a company limited by guarantee   Company Number: SC162451