Maggie's

See what's happening in the Community

You are not logged in.   Log In

Meet the team

As well as sharing experiences with our friendly online community, registered members are able to contact our experienced online team. The Centre is staffed during office hours and the online team aim to reply within 24 hours.

Psychologists and experts from other Maggie's Centres and partner organisations also facilitate some group and individual sessions.

Picture of Topic Friends and family

Topic

Topic Friends and family

For anyone supporting someone else with cancer

• 156 conversations

Viewing 61-90 of 149 Conversations

• My father flew to visit my family in Australia a week ago and I followed him a few days after. After moments of arriving at my Grandparents house f...

3 Comments
  • My mum has a life spam of 2wk - 2mths with out treament and with chemo 4.5 mths if completes all sessions of 6. The other day she ask me out of bl...

4 Comments
  • Hello, I joined this group today and reading some of the comments, its almost as if I have posted them myself, it certainly has helped me feel less...

3 Comments
  • Hi, m mum has just undergone an operation and follow up radiotherapy to remove a sarcoma. She is now going through stages of stress and anxiety an...

1 Comment
  • Hi. Im new on here. Im lost for how to support my mum. She has cancer and they say they can treat it. My younger sister who is 16 still lives at ho...

3 Comments
  • Hi My very close friend was diagnosed with terminal lung cancer about six weeks ago.  I am giving her all the practical support I can, but I ...

10 Comments
  • Im ive been really struggling last few days seeing my mum deteriorating at home, its so unfair she cant communicate with us to tell us what she is ...

1 Comment
  • My mum has terminal brain tumours and is being sent home soon so she can be cared for by family, Im looking for some tips on how to deal with anxie...

1 Comment
  • My 87 year old mother has terminal bowel cancer and following an infection  she was admitted to hospital and then transferred to a nursing hom...

4 Comments
  • Hi Everyone, Thanks to whoever is reading this and please bear with me as I am new here.  i am so worried and scared and don't know what to d...

3 Comments
  • hi im new, ive just found out my mum has acute leukemia , she was taken into hosp tonight for 5 weeks intensive chemo and i was wondering if anybo...

2 Comments
  • Hello, I came across this site today when looking for advice for my mum. She was diagnosed with and had emergency surgery on bowel cancer in ...

2 Comments
  • Hi I just heard some bad news about my prognosis. It looks like I am moving into a 'months' left' situation in terms of physical health. I d...

2 Comments
  • Hi, I'm not really sure what to say but I just wanted to know that there are other people out there who are struggling the way I am. I guess I sh...

9 Comments
  • Hi I am new to this so bear with me, a week ago my mum was diagnosed with cancer and today we found out from her mri scan that it is agressive end...

2 Comments
  • Firstly hello to all the amazing people on this site. Exactly a week ago today I sat in a room in the bri and listened or at least tried to as my d...

3 Comments
  • My mum was diagnosed with gallbladder cancer 29/8/13 this had spread to her liver. She came out of hospital and was recovering at home. She was in ...

1 Comment
  • Dear all, I am posting on here because recently, sadly, my beautiful 62-year-old mother has been diagnosed with terminal bile duct cancer. This ha...

5 Comments
  • Our little family of 4 found out on Thu eve that my mum has gallbladder cancer & it can't be fixed. A month ago she was fine & then she sta...

2 Comments
  • I can't believe it is a year today since Stephen and I had the lovely experience of meeting up with the Wee Man on our silver wedding anniversary v...

• Hello everyone, I understand that many people in the community here are bravely going through much harder things, but I just can't cope anymore an...

4 Comments
  • Hi everyone, i'm new to this and don't really know where to start. My best friend of  almost 40 years' husband has just been diagnosed this we...

3 Comments
  • Why does cancer strike twice?  My mum passed away on Boxing Day, after fighting through small cell lung cancer.  Now, today, my dad ...

4 Comments
  • Hello My dad has been diagnosed with small cell lung cancer, they have told him that he has 3months without treatment and up to a year with chemo....

1 Comment
  • Hi, I'm new here, my husband of 28 years has just been told that his cancer has spread, three years ago he was sucessfully treated for sinus cancer...

3 Comments
  • Just to introduce myself - I hope I've picked the correct place on this forum.  A friend in the UK introduced me to this website.  She ha...

• Stephen and I  have had a lovely morning with one of my Maggie's on line friends Carol and her husband. It's the second time now we have met ...

• Hi everyone. I'm completely new to this so I don't really know wgat I'm doing. My brother has been recently diagnosed with leukaiemia and as a fami...

1 Comment
  • Hi, I have a sister who's currently undergoing chemo. She has such a sore mouth/throat at the moment. Has anyone any advice on things that may help...

6 Comments
  • Hello My 70 year old father was diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer just before Christmas, had surgery and was supposed to start chemo within two mon...

2 Comments

Viewing 61-90 of 149 Conversations

Registered Office: Maggie's, The Stables, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road, Edinburgh EH4 2XU   Registered Charity Number: SC024414
The Maggie Keswick Jencks Cancer Caring Centres Trust is a company limited by guarantee   Company Number: SC162451