Maggie's

See what's happening in the Community

You are not logged in.   Log In

Meet the team

As well as sharing experiences with our friendly online community, registered members are able to contact our experienced online team. The Centre is staffed during office hours and the online team aim to reply within 24 hours.

Psychologists and experts from other Maggie's Centres and partner organisations also facilitate some group and individual sessions.

Picture of Friends and family

Topic

Friends and family

For anyone supporting someone else with cancer

• 143 conversations

Viewing 1-30 of 136 Conversations

• Hello everyone,  First time poster so hope this is the right place to ask this question. Actual question = Does anyone have advice for who c...

1 Comment
  • My husband had a early lung cancer surgically removed over 5 years ago ( adenocarcinoma) ..He has annual check up now and this week was supposed to...

2 Comments
  • My dad has cancer, it started in his prostate but by the time it was discovered it was too late to treat as it had already spread quite significant...

12 Comments
  • Hi, Never done this before.... my dad is terminal and I don't normally live with him. However on Monday we all went to centre parcs together and s...

1 Comment
  • Hi. Like many I'm new to this. 2 weeks ago my dad got his diagnosis - stage 4 kidney cancer with nodes (not sure if that's the right word) in his a...

1 Comment
  • SORRY IF THIS IS A DOUBLE POST - COULDN'T FIND IT SO REPOSTING   Hello everyone, I have just signed up.  My ex partner who i am still...

3 Comments
  • Hi my dad has prostate cancer it spread to his lymph nodes and bones he has had cemotherapy and it has got rid of the initial cancer but I'm worrie...

1 Comment
  • Hi everyone I am feeling a bit lost and joining this site might help a little. in late 2015 my Dad was diagnosed with oesophageal cancer, complet...

1 Comment
  • Hello everyone, My mums has just been diagnosed with oesophageal cancer we don't know much more other than that is spread they can't operate an...

1 Comment
  • Hi All, Just a little note to say that I am thinking of you all at Christmas Time. This time in 2008 I didn't realise that soon after Christmas I...

1 Comment
  • Hi this is my first time here and I don't know what to do! My mum has stage4 lung cancer. She had surgery last December and we were told they caugh...

2 Comments
  • One of my closest friend overcame breast cancer 4 years ago, only to be diagnosed now with multiple brain tumours of one of the worse kind(lep...

1 Comment
  • I found out a few days ago my mum has stage 3 breast cancer. I am a wreck and terrified of what's going to happen. As s health care professional my...

4 Comments
  • I was diagnosed with non Hodgkin's lymphoma 18 months ago. I didn't want to discuss my diagnosis with acquaintances or even certain family members...

2 Comments
  • Hi everyone, I'm a newbie :( , my beautiful husband was diagnosed with oesophagal cancer a few weeks ago, he's stage 3 but localised spread only a...

1 Comment
  • My best friend has had HLH for two years now. I don't know how many people will know what that is, but I know it is a condition which Maggie's offe...

1 Comment
  • Hi all  I'm relieved to find your wonderful community. I'm feeling like a I really need some support right now. My mum is in her 70s and rec...

2 Comments
  • My dear friend who has shown me love and support over the years has cancer and I fear may be getting a diagnosis today that she has lost the battle...

1 Comment
  • My whole world fell apart when my mum told me on 6/11/14 that she'd been diagnosed with breast cancer that afternoon. Now my mums a very strong per...

4 Comments
  • Evening folks, so...where to begin. 3 weeks ago my mum got diagnosed with cancer...tumour in her oesophagus, spread to lymph nodes, liver and lungs...

6 Comments
  • What do you say to your husband who is suffering with chemotherapy ? It's been 5 months now since he found out he has colon cancer which spread to ...

3 Comments
  • Hi my husband 48 has just been diagnosed with bowel cancer which has spread to liver. He started xelox chemotherapy last week, and since then has t...

2 Comments
  • I am frustrated and need more exercise to release some built up anger and frustration My partner is unwell with cancer and on radiotherapy... My ...

1 Comment
  • Hi, I've been "online" at Maggies for the last few months but haven't posted as yet. My father was diagnosed with bowel cancer last year (Stage T3...

1 Comment
  • Hi my name is Ellen and i am 28 years old my mum (Sheila) just passed away on the 18th October 2009.  3 years ago my mum was diagnoised with c...

2 Comments
  • I didn't even know that my dad was sick and last wednesday he told me he's been diagnosed with stage 4 stomach cancer that's already spread to his ...

1 Comment
  • First post on this site, my dad has secondary bowl and prostate cancer (he had two primaries - not sure what the odds are on that...). He is under ...

3 Comments
  • I'm not sure why I'm on here or what I expect. My father who has been an invincible businessman all his life is now 71 and in the past 3 months has...

2 Comments
  • Hello, I have a question about my dad and his mental state more than cancer itself, so I'm really hoping you can help or give me advice please. M...

3 Comments
  • I only started seeing my partner in May of 2015, she told me her dad had prostate cancer that was being treated and managed. However, over the last...

2 Comments

Viewing 1-30 of 136 Conversations

Registered Office: Maggie's, The Stables, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road, Edinburgh EH4 2XU   Registered Charity Number: SC024414
The Maggie Keswick Jencks Cancer Caring Centres Trust is a company limited by guarantee   Company Number: SC162451