Maggie's

See what's happening in the Community

You are not logged in.   Log In

Meet the team

As well as sharing experiences with our friendly online community, registered members are able to contact our experienced online team. The Centre is staffed during office hours and the online team aim to reply within 24 hours.

Psychologists and experts from other Maggie's Centres and partner organisations also facilitate some group and individual sessions.

Picture of Creative writing / art

Topic

Creative writing / art

A space to get creative with poems, prose or perhaps upload some artwork

• 47 conversations

Viewing 1-30 of 46 Conversations

• My Darling Daughter  My darling daughter i feel as we aught-a be together forever as my heart is torn apart to lose you now in this would b...

• I've a question for all those on Pred, how to cope with the craving for bread? Are you like me sitting on the settee as you watch the TV, with...

3 Comments
  • Like the 'Lady in the Van' sometimes, just sometimes, all I need is for someone, anyone, to hold my hand.Most of the time I am fine but if I wake i...

2 Comments
  • I have written 3 stories, entitled `The Things that they do not tell you, when they tell you that you have cancer.' The 1st concerns the labarynth...

7 Comments
  • Again, from 2007. I guess this could apply to everyone as there's a range of emotions xxx HELP ME I'm standing in the middle Trapped within ...

1 Comment
  • I wrote this in 2007 at the height of my depression. Looming back, the words I guess could be that of a cancer patient xxx THE DOLL When I ...

1 Comment
  • Picture of silver56

Hi all I love the poems on here

1 Comment
  • Picture of silver56

Hi all I love the poems on here

• Annabelle Daly   When the flame of life flickers and dies, we just can't stop the tears in our eyes. There's not enough tears in the wh...

• Broken   I take tablets every day, do they work? I couldn't say. I've bits that hurt...

2 Comments
  • Soldiers in the trenches  filled with thoughts of home,  of  family and friends  wherever they may roam. ...

• An old poem, because my brain won't let me concentrate enough to write a new poem!!   The Ring. A circle of gold, my ring. Adorning my ben...

• I wrote this poem following a wonderful one-week ‘For Me, For Life’ retreat at Puyssentut ‘a source of well-being and inspiration...

• Sandra's Glade   There is a glade deep in the woods where Violets bloom all year. A place of peace, a place of love a place to lose all f...

1 Comment
  • Sandra is one of my February Valentines chemo group. Her daughter has recently told us that all treatment has stopped, and she has renal failure. W...

• One year ago we met.  Just one year - and yet,  How can I ever forget!    Sometimes I catch your shadow,&...

• I was a chemo warrior, bearing arms with pride. I didn't care that I lost my hair I took it in my stride.   I was a chemo warrior I los...

• She sits in the Atrium, drinking hot chocolate Where no one can notice her sad little face. She looks up at Prince Charles, gazing down from his ...

• Picture of Robyn

Author Daisy Goodwin is compiling a list of poems for Maggie’s called “100 poems to see you through.” With chapter headings like ...

• The Squatter In My Head I kept hearing noises... I knew someone was there But I still felt surprised I still felt despair He presented himself On ...

1 Comment
  • One Year Ago   What was life like, one year ago?In our ignorance, we didn’t knowjust what was to come, just what lay ahead,if only we ...

2 Comments
  • Clarissa Dalloway is the protagonist of the book Mrs Dalloway, by Virginia Woolf. Set in the years immediately after WW1, the book takes us through...

• My Bubble   I'm living in a bubble,and It isn't very nice,sitting here alonewith my heart as cold as ice.   So many people round meTh...

• Battling Cobwebs   Each morning while out in my garden, the cobwebs are draped all around. They stretch across fences and bushes, all the...

• To all women (and men) undergoing treatment for Breast Cancer - any kind of cancer. It was the best of times.It was the worst of timeThe age of di...

• Pastoral - or, Song of the Shepherdess   Out in the meadow, the shepherdess calling, lu la lay, lu la lay, lu la lay lay. As she sits by t...

• My new profile picture is 'The Lady of Shallott' by John Waterhouse. I've chosen the picture because I love Waterhouse's paintings and I love Tenny...

• Cancer You found a lump or had a call back, from a mammogram and things look black.   They took a biopsy, said "it's invasive", and "w...

• Heart Full Of Tears   With dark hair and eyes I looked quite solemn when that photo was taken. Unremarkable, unsmiling. Different to no...

3 Comments
  • From the Waiting Room To The Car Park And Beyond   Many others trod this way and many more will come. All started in the waiting room, al...

2 Comments

Viewing 1-30 of 46 Conversations

Registered Office: Maggie's, The Stables, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road, Edinburgh EH4 2XU   Registered Charity Number: SC024414
The Maggie Keswick Jencks Cancer Caring Centres Trust is a company limited by guarantee   Company Number: SC162451