Maggie's

See what's happening in the Community

You are not logged in.   Log In

Meet the team

As well as sharing experiences with our friendly online community, registered members are able to contact our experienced online team. The Centre is staffed during office hours and the online team aim to reply within 24 hours.

Psychologists and experts from other Maggie's Centres and partner organisations also facilitate some group and individual sessions.

Picture of 'Today I am feeling' - managing emotions

Topic

'Today I am feeling' - managing emotions

Share how you are feeling and swap tips for managing stress with other members and the online team

• 171 conversations

Viewing 1-30 of 158 Conversations

• I was at the Christie yesterday and I was told I have cancer. I feel scared and very tearful at the moment all I can think is I am going to die. Th...

1 Comment
  • Picture of lorraine

hi, my husband who has advanced prostate cancer ( 9 yrs) has been told he will be getting chemo early january .. we are so worried as we have been ...

1 Comment
  • Hi All, My husband has duodenal cancer, mets to liver. First symptoms started in November 16. He's having a hard time. On 2nd cycle of chemo but a...

6 Comments
  • My mum was recently (Tuesday last week) diagnosed with TPLL, mum had been ill for some time and had a diagnosis about 4/5 years ago of leukaemia so...

1 Comment
  • I was diagnosed with throats cancer yesterday and my world feels like it has fallen apart. Im 51 with 2 children 29 and 21. I am worn out from cry...

1 Comment
  • Hello there. I due to start my first chemo end of the week but I feel I have a cold coming? Will that stop my treatment?

1 Comment
  • Hi, my name is Sandra, I'm new to this site and very nervous as to what to say about myself. I am currently having chemotherapy and am struggling w...

1 Comment
  • Hello all, Im glad to find this site, via some info on the 'beating bowel cancer' forum, at the end of August 17' I did a bowel cancer screening te...

1 Comment
  • Hi - I hope you guys dont mind me posting this on here.

4 Comments
  • Emm ... Bit anxious this week ... Last year I was diagnosed with Bladder cancer. Had no idea all ! a tremendous shock ! Had turb op & I doze of...

1 Comment
  • Hi there  i was told about this site by my girlfriend and i just wanted to tell my story and get some advice really. i might babble on a bit....

4 Comments
  • Today i am feeling lost. My mum got diagnosed with secondary bowel cancer 18m ago , 1 month before my first child was born. Over the last 18m we ha...

3 Comments
  • Hello I am new to this site . My husband is 61 years old and has 6 weeks ago out of the blue been diagnosed with transitional cell carcinoma that h...

3 Comments
  • Hello all.  Like many people here, I am currently feeling overwhelmed.  I was diagnosed with stage 3 bowel cancer (6 of 26 lymph nodes af...

2 Comments
  • Hello I'm 39 diagnosed with cancer in April this year and I'm now halfway through gruelling chemo I am high risk due to the amount of cancer in my ...

2 Comments
  • Hiya i am new to this site and going trough a bit of a tough time. I have had hysetrectomy in april so i am still rcovering. I have been told ...

1 Comment
  • I was diagnosed with Primary breast cancer in March and had a mastectomy on April 7th. Five days later I was admitted to hospital and had emergency...

3 Comments
  • About 3 weeks ago i had an chest xray as i had a persistant cough, and they found a shadow on my left lung, thats when the whirlwind started within...

7 Comments
  • My wife has no longer treatable Lukemia.  She is at home with me (her husband) as her carer.   She is still recieving care to "keep ...

1 Comment
  • Today a week after husbands diagnosis I completely broke down at work. I have been advised to sign up to Maggie's to get emotional & practical supp...

3 Comments
  • Hello Stan, Welcome to Maggie's Online Centre.... I realise that you're hoping to hear from anyone else who has had mouth cancer, but in the mean...

1 Comment
  • I feel like a bit of a prodigal son as it's a long, long time since I was on the Maggie's online site. I am still a regular at my home Maggie's in ...

1 Comment
  • Hi, not quite sure where to start but here goes. 4 weeks ago I was diagnosed with DCIS after a routine mammogram. I had a lumpectomy just over 2wks...

7 Comments
  • Diagnosed with breast cancer January, lumpectomy and radiotherapy now told to go away and come back in 6 months for follow ups. Finding it very...

1 Comment
  • Feeling all over the place right now. Today my wife is finally having a total nephrectomy after being diagnosed in early january with advanced rena...

1 Comment
  • Not sure what to put as I am new to this. Had hysterectomy in June 2015 for womb cancer. It was all delt with very quickly. Feb had bleed went to g...

1 Comment
  • Picture of Robyn

If you would like to know more about stress - the signs, what causes it and also gain confidence in strategies to manage it then you may be interes...

2 Comments
  • As my header says, I'm new to Maggies and Robyn has enlightened me to the fact that my profile remains hidden until I get involved in a conversatio...

3 Comments
  • What initially was a dental concern is now being considered for cancer. My husband has a large polyp in his right maxillary sinus and we wait for b...

3 Comments
  • With Christmas just days away I wanted to take the opportunity to Wish Robyn, Sue and all the other online staff A VERY HAPPY CHRISTMAS! I hope you...

2 Comments

Viewing 1-30 of 158 Conversations

Registered Office: Maggie's, The Stables, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road, Edinburgh EH4 2XU   Registered Charity Number: SC024414
The Maggie Keswick Jencks Cancer Caring Centres Trust is a company limited by guarantee   Company Number: SC162451