Maggie's

See what's happening in the Community

You are not logged in.   Log In

Meet the team

As well as sharing experiences with our friendly online community, registered members are able to contact our experienced online team. The Centre is staffed during office hours and the online team aim to reply within 24 hours.

Psychologists and experts from other Maggie's Centres and partner organisations also facilitate some group and individual sessions.

Picture of Topic  'Today I am feeling' - managing emotions

Topic

Topic 'Today I am feeling' - managing emotions

Share how you are feeling and swap tips for managing stress with other members and the online team

• 186 conversations

Viewing 151-172 of 172 Conversations

• Hi I listened to a radio programme the other day where people described their day in 3 words I was surprised at how much such a small amount ...

267 Comments
  • Hi All, Has anyone been to the on line support groups Maggie's has to offer? I have been to the Living With Cancer Group on a tuesday evening 7pm ...

1 Comment
  • Just found this site..so here goes! Had breast cancer twice already and this morning the doctor has referred me to the breast unit for a suspected...

4 Comments
  • Ever been lied too? The difference between a lie to get out of trouble, and a lie that is a huge denial is colossal. So many conflicating tales of...

6 Comments
  • I started dating a man casually, and a few months in he was diagnosed with a brain tumor. He's a lot older than me, and quickly I realized I didn't...

2 Comments
  • Picture of lorraine

We have brought our 8yr old only grandchild to our caravan for a few days!! i was watching him this morning eating breakfast and chatting away, in ...

5 Comments
  • Anyone who has looked at my blog will get the title. My head hurts all the time. Roll on Sunday....I need my fix of Top Gear.

3 Comments
  • This is not a professional opinion, but i think when I am stressed and something bothers me and I don't deal with it then I overthink, defend befre...

4 Comments
  • Over the weekend, and totally out of the blue, I bumped into an old friend who I worked with many years ago, and who I hadn't seen for over 16 year...

3 Comments
  • I am sat here going back through my life and wouldn't change anything even my fight against this awful disease . I think it has made me stronger an...

• I believe there is a strong need within each of us for silence, for reflection, for inner seeking. Perhaps some of us are too talkative, too inten...

9 Comments
  • I have decided to have a mood wall, to help me de-stress.  I was going to paint it in different colours and shapes depending on how I feel but...

2 Comments
  • It will be 6 months tomorrow since my wonderful husband passed away, I am feeling so lonely and cannot stop crying, I keep thinking this is just a...

3 Comments
  • My big brother is in hospital today in prep for an operation to remove his voice box due to throat cancer, this is the second time in 18mnths he's ...

3 Comments
  • I have been fighting breast cancer for a year, having had a mastectomy followed by chemo and then radiotherapy.  I then had another blip which...

2 Comments
  • The blood tests that the oncologist  forgot were fine .   So the feeling of strangulation and severe discomfort round the portocath ...

2 Comments
  • Has anyone any ideas how to cope with the lost and lonely feeling after losing a much loved wife?

• thank you very much, I'm really confused, today we went for diagnosis. But what we got was ... no BCR-ABL results and lost FISH results? That w...

5 Comments
  • Hi,    This is kind of a long shot, but here goes...    My dad was diagnosed almost a year ago with a single tumor in his...

1 Comment
  • Picture of mariem

Has anyone else noticed the recent cluster of TV coverage about cancer?  For Sky TV viewers you may have seen Brothers and Sisters and Grey's ...

2 Comments
  • Picture of Elizabeth

So this is me today, bit fed up.  It's dark early, looks a bit damp out there, I've so much to do, not getting anywhere and would like a glass...

7 Comments
  • Picture of Elizabeth

Going to visit my parents this weekend, been a while since I've seen them properly so looking forward to that.   Anyone else got nice plans fo...

Viewing 151-172 of 172 Conversations

Registered Office: Maggie's, The Stables, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road, Edinburgh EH4 2XU   Registered Charity Number: SC024414
The Maggie Keswick Jencks Cancer Caring Centres Trust is a company limited by guarantee   Company Number: SC162451