Maggie's

See what's happening in the Community

You are not logged in.   Log In

Meet the team

As well as sharing experiences with our friendly online community, registered members are able to contact our experienced online team. The Centre is staffed during office hours and the online team aim to reply within 24 hours.

Psychologists and experts from other Maggie's Centres and partner organisations also facilitate some group and individual sessions.

Picture of Topic  'Today I am feeling' - managing emotions

Topic

Topic 'Today I am feeling' - managing emotions

Share how you are feeling and swap tips for managing stress with other members and the online team

• 186 conversations

Viewing 121-150 of 172 Conversations

• My next R CHOP treatment is next week and already I am wondering how I am going to cope. I feel slightly nauseous already. The side effects are so ...

3 Comments
  • Hi all iam Dave ,I was diagnosed in1997 with malignant melanoma from which i was cured but still have various bcc and scc tumours removed every few...

2 Comments
  • I'm haveing difficulty getting back to work and myy  employer are being insensative to my needs.

2 Comments
  • This is my first blog .so forgive me if I'm in the wrong place .How do  I get through the final days of my husbands cancer(one year since diag...

1 Comment
  • I was diagnosed with advanced prostate cancer February 8th. Hormone treatment, with Zoladex, started immediately and two weeks later I started the ...

1 Comment
  • This is my first time doing this. I've been thinking about going to my nearest Maggies Centre for a while and have been so busy I haven't got aroun...

6 Comments
  • I have just joined here as a last resort. I was diagnosed with breast cancer a year ago, am single mother with a son aged two now. I just cant acc...

3 Comments
  • Later today I'm off to hospital to see the results of my latest bone and CT scans aswell as some blood tests. After being diagnosed with advanced ...

2 Comments
  • I started to get really bad headaches about February time this year. They were really bad and constant. I got them everyday without fail. If I was ...

4 Comments
  • please some one talk to me

2 Comments
  • Today I am feeling so angry, frustrated and bitter. I love my husband Dom so much but some days I feel like I am going to explode with all my ...

2 Comments
  • i went to see my oncologist today thinking i would be just offered chemotherapy as everyone has said that its a wait and see game but my latest mri...

3 Comments
  • My husband  was diagnosed T3b N2 rectal cancer this morning.  Am in shock.  I know it's not good and the surgeon was trying to ...

1 Comment
  • Today I am feeling lost/confused.  Two weeks ago I was told I have a rare form of breast cancer.  I am a young mother with two beautiful ...

2 Comments
  • In march 2009 at the age of 45 i was diagnosed with liver cancer .my parents visted in a hospital 50 miles away twice a day ,i left hospital march ...

2 Comments
  • Feeling down despite having had diagnosis of breast cancer and having the tumour removed i think today the full impact has hit me. I joined Maggies...

• In march 2009 at the age of 45 i was diagnosed with liver cancer .my parents visted in a hospital 50 miles away twice a day ,i left hospital march ...

• Hi, Since yesterday I have been feeling pretty down! It was 16 months yesterday that my mum passed away :(I can't seem to shake this fee...

3 Comments
  • Despite having advanced gastric cancer, I haven't had any pain until last week. Ironically, last session of chemo was just over 3 weeks ago so...

2 Comments
  • I have multiple Myeloma diagnosed nov 2010. Initially 3 weeks in hospital.Since then I have had two lots of chemo lasting 11months and two months o...

6 Comments
  • I had breast cancer 2 years ago and had mastectomy and chemo. No lymph nodes were involved. I am constantly thinking it will come back. How can I m...

3 Comments
  • Yes, today I am feeling crap. After waiting for a month to get an appointment with the Psychologiest at my hospital I have missed it. I somehow got...

2 Comments
  • Hi, feeling very alone, my husband died in August this year with colorectal cancer which we never knew he had, he had went into get his spleen remo...

2 Comments
  • I lost my Dad on Monday, he had lung cancer and got Pneumonia. since we found out he was sick i have been getting stomach pains every so often. I k...

2 Comments
  • I have been fortunate to know an expert counsellor, John Sparkes (a retired JP) who uses one's personal temperament mix with cognitive th...

• Hi All, I wonder if anyone can share with me if they have had long bouts of fatigue a good way after chemotherapy and radio therapy has finished. ...

4 Comments
  • Hello, am in my second round of chemo - docetaxel and experiencing 'orrible bone pain! (along with the other stuff:(  I am told it is one of t...

3 Comments
  • I can't find a section for laughter, I know I may be missing it and that cancer is not funny. But we can be funny people with cancer. In more ways ...

77 Comments
  • Picture of lorraine

On the news today it was reported that taking exercise for people with cancer would be a really good thing to do, so now the confusion comes in... ...

4 Comments
  • Picture of lorraine

I was speaking with a friend today, we were remembering the things we loved to do when we were young/children. As a young girl i liked playing spo...

18 Comments

Viewing 121-150 of 172 Conversations

Registered Office: Maggie's, The Stables, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road, Edinburgh EH4 2XU   Registered Charity Number: SC024414
The Maggie Keswick Jencks Cancer Caring Centres Trust is a company limited by guarantee   Company Number: SC162451