Maggie's

See what's happening in the Community

You are not logged in.   Log In

Meet the team

As well as sharing experiences with our friendly online community, registered members are able to contact our experienced online team. The Centre is staffed during office hours and the online team aim to reply within 24 hours.

Psychologists and experts from other Maggie's Centres and partner organisations also facilitate some group and individual sessions.

Picture of Topic  'Today I am feeling' - managing emotions

Topic

Topic 'Today I am feeling' - managing emotions

Share how you are feeling and swap tips for managing stress with other members and the online team

• 186 conversations

Viewing 91-120 of 172 Conversations

• I have recently had surgery, Chemo and radiotherapy for stage 3 cancer of the Bartholins gland. My surgery involved removing the tumour and the l...

1 Comment
  • So as some of you know, I told you a few months ago how one of my family members has stage 3 breast cancer, well she's just had the 4th chemo in he...

1 Comment
  • Diagnosed with secondary bone cancer a couple of weeks ago. Primary breast cancer 2012. This round began with an unexplained fractured spine so I h...

4 Comments
  • hi i am new to all this and hope someone can help me understand the feelings i am going through.  Ill give you a little background hubbie was ...

3 Comments
  • Does anyone else have days where you just want to explode everything in your head at someone until someone walks into room and then it all suddenly...

3 Comments
  • I went from standing on the terrace at football on 3rd December last year, to being told on 5th December that I had a cancerous tumour on my right ...

2 Comments
  • Hi everyone, I was diagnosed with CLL in October 2010, since then I have been on watch and wait.  I had a bone marrow biopsy last October and ...

1 Comment
  • Hi, I have had 7 chemos out of twelve already. ( early stage breast cancer) Mostly, I feel really good - even through chemo therapy. But now - for ...

3 Comments
  • I'm new to this and don't even know where to start. My husband has Pancreatic Cancer, had a Whipples op in October 2014 and has been referred for C...

3 Comments
  • Picture of pamcan1

I get so angry and tearful before my check ups. My partner can't say or do anything right. It makes me feel bad how snippy I am but I sometimes d...

4 Comments
  • I was diagnosed with Stage 3 esophageal cancer on December 27, 2011. As of today, I still am cancer free after a 9 month treatment plan and major s...

1 Comment
  • I am two weeks away from my final chemo session (of eight) and am scared of what happens after that. I have stage 4 inoperable stomach cancer and t...

2 Comments
  • I started off so accepting and in fact not particularly bothered. Something in my feelings has shifted and I feel guilty about it all of a sudd...

2 Comments
  • I have been treated successfully for breast cancer: chemo, mastectomy, radiotherapy... All finished. I am back at work and all should be fine. Why ...

4 Comments
  • Feeling better today after finally getting some sleep.. 3 nights straight awake after Mondays long chemo session and I felt like id been raving the...

• Do you think anger is a stage most people go through at some point when they have had a cancer diagnosis? And do you think we are encouraged/allowe...

4 Comments
  • I was diganosed with breast cancer a week ago and i can't stop crying today. I was told yesterday that my appointment with the plastic surgeon is n...

8 Comments
  • It's precisely five years ago today since I started treatment for a metastatic gastrointestinal stromal tumour (GIST).  I had gone from workin...

2 Comments
  • hi anyone who wants to read this today i feel lost my poor wfe is so tired all she wants to do id sleep (thats what she is doing now) i can not bla...

6 Comments
  • Bit down at the moment as I have just finished RT for Prostate Cancer. My wife has had Breast Cancer twice, and is awaiting her 3rd set of dates fo...

1 Comment
  • I have been living with cancer since 2010 and have had four operations to date and it looks like another two to come.  Stress is a big problem...

4 Comments
  • Hi I'm 6 months post treatment for breast and ovarian cancer.  I was elated after the treatment finished to have it over with but now I just ...

7 Comments
  • HI, I am new in Maggies on line centre. I have cancer and at the moment i am all over the place. Ive got it for the first time seven years ago, i ...

4 Comments
  • I was diagnosed with CML in March and it was a frantic time with blood tests, bone marrow etc. I was put on Imatinib to which my blood did respond....

3 Comments
  • Hi i was wondering if anyone has advice for me regards my salary, i have just been notified today i have been receiving half pay and i have a sick ...

2 Comments
  • Today I am feeling good,best since my basil cell carcinoma operation 9 weeks ago.Ive been so low for a while,mainly started 2 weeks ago when the Su...

1 Comment
  • Hello, I am a new member who would value some help/support.  My teenage son was diagnosed with cancer 18 months ago. He is doing fine, but I s...

1 Comment
  • Wondering if anyone has looked into using Mindfulness as a way of dealing with stress and anxiety. I have done an introductory course online but wo...

3 Comments
  • I am really interested in the link between cancer and excercise.  I have read that excercising reduces the risk of breast cancer returning but...

2 Comments
  • Since my Dad was diagnosed with cancer in September, I started having nightmares.  Not every night, but 2-3 times a week. Last night I had on...

2 Comments

Viewing 91-120 of 172 Conversations

Registered Office: Maggie's, The Stables, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road, Edinburgh EH4 2XU   Registered Charity Number: SC024414
The Maggie Keswick Jencks Cancer Caring Centres Trust is a company limited by guarantee   Company Number: SC162451