Maggie's

See what's happening in the Community

You are not logged in.   Log In

Meet the team

As well as sharing experiences with our friendly online community, registered members are able to contact our experienced online team. The Centre is staffed during office hours and the online team aim to reply within 24 hours.

Psychologists and experts from other Maggie's Centres and partner organisations also facilitate some group and individual sessions.

Picture of 'Today I am feeling' - managing emotions

Topic

'Today I am feeling' - managing emotions

Share how you are feeling and swap tips for managing stress with other members and the online team

• 155 conversations

Viewing 1-30 of 142 Conversations

• Today a week after husbands diagnosis I completely broke down at work. I have been advised to sign up to Maggie's to get emotional & practical supp...

2 Comments
  • About 3 weeks ago i had an chest xray as i had a persistant cough, and they found a shadow on my left lung, thats when the whirlwind started within...

5 Comments
  • Hello Stan, Welcome to Maggie's Online Centre.... I realise that you're hoping to hear from anyone else who has had mouth cancer, but in the mean...

1 Comment
  • I feel like a bit of a prodigal son as it's a long, long time since I was on the Maggie's online site. I am still a regular at my home Maggie's in ...

1 Comment
  • Hi, not quite sure where to start but here goes. 4 weeks ago I was diagnosed with DCIS after a routine mammogram. I had a lumpectomy just over 2wks...

7 Comments
  • Diagnosed with breast cancer January, lumpectomy and radiotherapy now told to go away and come back in 6 months for follow ups. Finding it very...

1 Comment
  • Feeling all over the place right now. Today my wife is finally having a total nephrectomy after being diagnosed in early january with advanced rena...

1 Comment
  • Not sure what to put as I am new to this. Had hysterectomy in June 2015 for womb cancer. It was all delt with very quickly. Feb had bleed went to g...

1 Comment
  • Picture of Robyn

If you would like to know more about stress - the signs, what causes it and also gain confidence in strategies to manage it then you may be interes...

2 Comments
  • Hi All, My husband has duodenal cancer, mets to liver. First symptoms started in November 16. He's having a hard time. On 2nd cycle of chemo but a...

2 Comments
  • As my header says, I'm new to Maggies and Robyn has enlightened me to the fact that my profile remains hidden until I get involved in a conversatio...

3 Comments
  • What initially was a dental concern is now being considered for cancer. My husband has a large polyp in his right maxillary sinus and we wait for b...

3 Comments
  • With Christmas just days away I wanted to take the opportunity to Wish Robyn, Sue and all the other online staff A VERY HAPPY CHRISTMAS! I hope you...

2 Comments
  • Today i am feeling lost. My mum got diagnosed with secondary bowel cancer 18m ago , 1 month before my first child was born. Over the last 18m we ha...

1 Comment
  • I had a total hysterectomy for Endometrial Cancer two weeks ago. I have been told the cancer was Grade 2 contained in the womb, with no spread to o...

2 Comments
  • Hi, not sure if I am ready for this but here goes.... On a trip to optician after experiencing some flashing lights occaisionally over eyes for cou...

2 Comments
  • Hi, I've recently finished chemo for breast cancer, and started radiotherapy on Tuesday. I fully expected this to be a breeze after chemo, and all ...

7 Comments
  • Picture of Robyn

We have some places available for our online Living with less stress course which runs on Wednesday evenings. You can find more information about t...

• He is 34. How do I support him and his wife and children aged 5 &7?

2 Comments
  • Hello I am Anna and my husband has liver cancer. We are hoping he will make it onto the transplant list next year. today I am having one of those d...

3 Comments
  • Hi I'm am going for my results from my first ct scan tomorrow after being diagnosed with breast cancer grade3 . I am struggling, I'm not eating, sl...

2 Comments
  • Turning 50 is a big enough deal already; doing it just days after 4th of 8 chemo (with mastectomy and lymph node removal still to come) is quite ho...

3 Comments
  • I will start by apologising if this is a bit long winded. I had a biopsy on the first of July. A week later the consultant explained to me that I ...

1 Comment
  • I suppose I'm lucky in that, having been diagnosed with CLL 4 yeas ago at the age of 48, I am under Active Surveilance and so far, I'm told, stable...

3 Comments
  • Picture of Robyn

We have a few places remaining on our next Living with less stress online course which starts on Wednesday 14th September 6.30-7.30pm. You can find...

• I found out three weeks ago I had breast cancer. Went to surgeon 10 days ago and was due to get surgery yesterday. My family and friends were une...

2 Comments
  • Morning Diagnosed yesterday with breast and lymph node cancer.  I needed to be strong yesterday because family were upset but today I feel so...

7 Comments
  • Second chemo session next week and hair is starting to fall out rapidly now ?? Any comments on what's best in wigs or hats would be welcome. ...

3 Comments
  • I am becoming quite angry. Why? I'll tell you, or at least as much as I am allowed.  In January 2014 my wife felt unwell, March 2015 she died...

2 Comments
  • I was diagnosed with breast cancer a couple of weeks ago, and I had surgery last Thursday. I am going back for the results in about 2 weeks. It sti...

2 Comments

Viewing 1-30 of 142 Conversations

Registered Office: Maggie's, The Stables, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road, Edinburgh EH4 2XU   Registered Charity Number: SC024414
The Maggie Keswick Jencks Cancer Caring Centres Trust is a company limited by guarantee   Company Number: SC162451