Maggie's

See what's happening in the Community

You are not logged in.   Log In

Meet the team

As well as sharing experiences with our friendly online community, registered members are able to contact our experienced online team. The Centre is staffed during office hours and the online team aim to reply within 24 hours.

Psychologists and experts from other Maggie's Centres and partner organisations also facilitate some group and individual sessions.

Picture of Supporting someone with cancer

Topic

Supporting someone with cancer

For anyone caring for someone with cancer

• 146 conversations

Viewing 1-30 of 139 Conversations

• Are there any plans to open a centre in Lincoln?

1 Comment
  • My Mum found a cancerous lump in her breast late March and has had it removed, thankfully it hadn't spread but after the test in America they advis...

1 Comment
  • Hello, my wife has cancer... she was not given much hope. We have 3 small children under 5... and the future just terrifies me. I have to stop my...

2 Comments
  • My mother in law was recently told she has pancreatic cancer that's untreatable. No biopsies. Told its palliative care. . (A week ago) her gp has r...

3 Comments
  • Would anyone out there share their experience of having an EBUS and in particular what the recovery felt like?  How long  did you feel w...

• My dad was diagnosed with barrets of the esophagus  in 2007. Received halo treatment , which was successfull but continues to receive biopsy &...

1 Comment
  • I am wondering if anyone who has underwent chemo and radiotherapy has managed to find any food that tastes the way it should or at least doesn't ta...

2 Comments
  • I was wondering if anyone has any survivor stories to could share with my daughter, please?  They really help her. What she has is Stage 4 no...

• I'm not sure how to use the site so perhaps someone can help me. My husband is having pre-surgery tests & is booked in for an operation to remo...

1 Comment
  • Dear all, It's with a heavy heart that I read the comments and write this. My Dad, my rock, my best friend, was diagnosed yesterday with Stag...

2 Comments
  • I have been with my partner for 18 months and he has recently been introduced to my two children as we have done it really slowly for them.  W...

1 Comment
  • I am struggling to support my Mum aged 90. She has come to stay after we found out that the care in her area did not exist. She has survived for al...

1 Comment
  • Mum in law (age 69) was diagnosed with ovarian cancer stage 3 in April after emergency admission to hospital.  Since then she's started chemo ...

1 Comment
  • Hi jus a month ago we discovered by 22 year old brother has testicle cancer: in my large knife ate family no one has ever had cancer before .. A bi...

1 Comment
  • Picture of Tombenefits

Hello all, Earlier in June, it was national Carers Week, a time to think of the 6 million or so people who are willingly, lovingly, rewardingly - ...

• Hi I am new to the online centre. Have just been reading some of the messages people have already written, I am very emotional reading them all. C...

1 Comment
  • Hello I just wondered if I could talk to another parent or grandparent who has a grown-up child with cancer, and grandchildren to care for? I am n...

1 Comment
  • my mum has been diagnosed with small cell lung cancer which has spread to her liver.  she is getting chemo and radiation.  she does not w...

5 Comments
  • Hello. Any advice out there about bedsores: prevention, treatment, etc? My Mum has the startings of some, so District Nurse has provided a lilo t...

3 Comments
  • Hi new to the online community but found information very useful & hoped for a bit of advice. Briefly dad diagnosed with terminal lung cancer in ...

6 Comments
  • My mum has just been diagnosed with plueral mesothelioma. I would love to hear from anyone who has knowledge of this cancer and any care they recei...

5 Comments
  • Hi, I'm Abbie and my Grandad has cancer he was diognosed last Christmas with Kidney cancer and had an operation he was in hospital for 2 weeks. Aft...

1 Comment
  • Advice how I can support my dad

2 Comments
  • Can anyone help me please, especially if you have been in this situation. Briefly - sister diagnosed with lung cancer three months ago. Chemo the...

5 Comments
  • Its so hard, my mother in law is looking after her daughter who has special needs and is at a very late stage of liver/bowl cancer, she is not eati...

4 Comments
  • Hi everyone, my mum has underwent an operation for bladder cancer, she's had her full bladder removed and a stoma fitted. A couple of weeks ago...

1 Comment
  • Hi, I am new to Maggie's and want to say "hi". My dad was diagnosed with SC lung cancer last October and finished his chemo and radiotherapy at the...

1 Comment
  • My Mum has CLL, she's had treatment for it before and went into remission for a few years, though she's never really experienced good health since ...

2 Comments
  • Hi folks. My wife has just been diagnosed with breast cancer and to say we are scared is in understatement. We have 2 young boys so maintaining...

4 Comments
  • ive been looking after my mum for a few months now as she was in so much pain, i took over running the household, as well as sorting my university ...

1 Comment

Viewing 1-30 of 139 Conversations

Registered Office: Maggie's, The Stables, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road, Edinburgh EH4 2XU   Registered Charity Number: SC024414
The Maggie Keswick Jencks Cancer Caring Centres Trust is a company limited by guarantee   Company Number: SC162451