Maggie's

See what's happening in the Community

You are not logged in.   Log In

Meet the team

As well as sharing experiences with our friendly online community, registered members are able to contact our experienced online team. The Centre is staffed during office hours and the online team aim to reply within 24 hours.

Psychologists and experts from other Maggie's Centres and partner organisations also facilitate some group and individual sessions.

Picture of Living with loss

Topic

Living with loss

For anyone who has lost someone due to cancer

• 141 conversations

Viewing 1-30 of 133 Conversations

• Hi, I lost my wonderful husband 7 weeks ago.  His passing was unimaginable, not the 'gentle passing' we had both hoped for and expected. ...

5 Comments
  • On the 5th September I lost my husband of 33 years to a melignant melanoma that had been removed 5 years ago and we thought he was all clear. On th...

5 Comments
  • My Dad passed away 2 days ago after a 10 month battle with cancer. It started in the oesophagus but by the time it was diagnosed had spread to his ...

2 Comments
  • hi everyone. no sure where to start but my husband died nearly 5 yearss ago after a battle with prostrate cancer which soon spread into his bladder...

1 Comment
  • I don't really know what to say, but am struggling at the moment. My mum died last July from endometrial cancer when she was only 66, and I still m...

1 Comment
  • Picture of SusieQ

Hello everyone, If you're going through personal loss, after a bereavement, it can be helpful to read the experience of others (and that includes ...

• Hi there, My beautiful wife Isabel passed away last Friday and I'm all over the place. I seem to be  constantly nauseous and nervy. Every sin...

4 Comments
  • Hey there, was delighted to find this online centre and just signed up.  I lost my Mum last month to cancer.  It was a 6 week battle in h...

6 Comments
  • Hello, I just joined this site today, I've never been in an online group before but am desperate to talk to somebody.  I lost my beautiful Mu...

1 Comment
  • This online centre is such a useful place - thanks Maggies for all the work you do!  I am 35 and lost my father after a long battle with canc...

1 Comment
  • Good piece I think: Grief is a normal yet highly personal response to loss. Neither an illness nor a pathological condition, it is a natural proce...

5 Comments
  • Hi, I'm new to the group so am still finding my feet, please do bear with me! My wonderful mother was diagnosed with breast cancer in April 2007...

5 Comments
  • I am lying here in my bed willing myself to get up and get on with life. For some reason today I can't seem to find the energy or motivation. I los...

7 Comments
  • So here I am, bereft, lost, empty, all those things the bereaved must feel. Our son was 35, been 'diagnosed' for a long time with Irritable Bowel ...

1 Comment
  • Sharing from another site as I think it is helpful: With the death of a spouse you have lost more than just a person you have lost everything that...

1 Comment
  • Picture of Robyn

Are you finding it difficult to cope with day to day life following the loss of someone close to you? You may not have considered joining an onlin...

2 Comments
  • Hello everyone Today I took the step to reach out for help at my doctors, I lost my dad July 2014 and really struggling with life. It's been very...

1 Comment
  • I want you to read this with an open mind: 7 years ago, I started a new job. I was 24. Inmade friends very quickly and we were all such a tigh...

3 Comments
  • Picture of mackangus

I have a fundraiser going on the main Maggies page for anyone enjoying the rugby, just aking for £1 donations. I find fundraising helps me c...

• I finally managed to do something, which in itself seems 'daft'....but was hugh for me....I visited the local market on a Saturday morning somethin...

2 Comments
  • Friday was the 1st May....and suddenly it struck me that I am into the month with signifies Ken's "last month"....he passed away 15th May last year...

• In August 2009, the lives of our family were devastated when our 14 year old son Ryan was diagnosed with Glioblastoma Multiforme Brain Tumours, fiv...

3 Comments
  • Why is it when you can't sleep things always seem worse and thoughts keep going round in your head. I am so tired and all I want is to feel better ...

5 Comments
  • I have just returned from a lovely holiday to Malta and Gozo and it has proved to me that it is possible to enjoy things and have periods where you...

1 Comment
  • I wrote this. Grief: thoughts, feelings and reactions following a loss https://fivestagesofmeh.wordpress.com/2015/02/06/nobody-told-me-0/

1 Comment
  • This week could have been very hard (it is the week last year when everything started to go very wrong....)....but actually I have been 'ok', as I ...

1 Comment
  • Accepting Help....Part of my conversation with my counsellor this week was about 'accepting help'....both in terms of not being so stubborn about o...

2 Comments
  • Picture of Robyn

One of my additional roles here at Maggies is to oversee the library list across all our Centres- when I was updating the list this month there wer...

• i lost my wife on 13th Oct....she was admitted to hospital two weeks previous, after complaining of stomach and back pains. she had a scan, cancer ...

5 Comments
  • Picture of Robyn

Hello  You may not have considered joining an online support group before -  we have a new set of our bereavemnt support group sessions ...

3 Comments

Viewing 1-30 of 133 Conversations

Registered Office: Maggie's, The Stables, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road, Edinburgh EH4 2XU   Registered Charity Number: SC024414
The Maggie Keswick Jencks Cancer Caring Centres Trust is a company limited by guarantee   Company Number: SC162451