Maggie's

See what's happening in the Community

You are not logged in.   Log In

Meet the team

As well as sharing experiences with our friendly online community, registered members are able to contact our experienced online team. The Centre is staffed during office hours and the online team aim to reply within 24 hours.

Psychologists and experts from other Maggie's Centres and partner organisations also facilitate some group and individual sessions.

Picture of Parents with cancer

Topic

Parents with cancer

Conversations for anyone whose child (young or adult) has been affected by cancer

• 7 conversations

Viewing 7 Conversations

• My daughter is nearly 10 and found out about my cancer in not the best way.I had to take her to an appointment at the doctors, nothing about my can...

1 Comment
  • Hello I have three children ranging in ages 14 down to 11.  Their father found out just yesterday that he has a form of cancer (either leukem...

2 Comments
  • Hi All, My mum has just been diagnosed with bowel cancer with some cancer being spread into her stomach. She starts chemotherapy on Friday to s...

2 Comments
  • Hi my middle son age 12 is struggling with my diagnosis school have been pants. Just wondering if there are any groups in the Southampton area i kn...

1 Comment
  • Im new to this and dont really know what to say but after trying to talk to some people about it to no avail ive come here. My dad passed away aft...

2 Comments
  • Hello My husband is currently undergoing chemo for lymphoma in his colon. Does anyone have any advice on how to handle the situation with yo...

1 Comment
  • Picture of Robyn

Whether children are young or old they are still children to their parents and many people find it hard to know how to talk with their children abo...

Viewing 7 Conversations

Registered Office: Maggie's, The Stables, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road, Edinburgh EH4 2XU   Registered Charity Number: SC024414
The Maggie Keswick Jencks Cancer Caring Centres Trust is a company limited by guarantee   Company Number: SC162451